A Rare Glimpse

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sorry, haven't had time lately to gather my thoughts and post anything. Too much going on or busy with work or too tired after chasing 2-5 yr olds. :)

Let's see...June 9th was a farewell party and potluck for my housemate, who is going to fabulous Australia soon! Ooh how I envy her. ;) There was so much food left over, I am still eating it and there's more in the freezer. Less cooking, hehe. Best wishes for the year and have lots of fun in the sun! Take pictures and keep me posted! I'll be with you in spirit and praying for you, S.Z.!! I miss you already. *sniff*

So my birthday has come and gone....it was simple and sweet. I didn't really want to do anything to celebrate, but it's always nice to spend it with friends rather than by myself. I ended up inviting a bunch of people over to my tiny apartment (squished 17 ppl!) and we had fun making samosas and spanakopitas! The food turned out pretty good and I am impressed with all the team work! I received a handful of lovely birthday presents, all of them given or made with lots of love and thought in mind! I love those kinds of gifts. :) I especially liked the flowers, the homemade CD's of a few of my favourite artists, two Precious Moments/childhood photos memory pieces personally made by AF, craft scissors that cut fun patterns...wow! I am so grateful for my friends. Afterwards, we had a few rounds of Dutch Blitz, intense and competitive to say the least! Ha ha...but that's how it goes with a 'goot' game of DB.

On the actual day of my b-day, AF was so kind to pitch the idea of a roadtrip. Thanks for the idea! I really enjoyed the day! Four of us, we headed up to Smiths Falls and the Hershey Chocolate Factory. Smiths Falls is a quaint town; we walked around and had a picnic lunch by the Rideau canal locks underneath a big tree that showered us with lots of little green bugs. Ugh. At the chocolate factory, it smelled of warm, melted chocolate the minute we opened the car doors! Mmmmmm. And of course, who can resist buying some chocolate after touring the factory. We each bought at least a pound worth of chocolate, if not more. :P I bought a pound for $3...talk about cheap chocolate! This despite my saying that I don't like Hershey, I like Lindt and Cadbury better. Chocolate is chocolate, if you disregard the quality, hehe. I couldn't help myself. Luckily, I have enough self control not to eat it all myself; gave most of it away to various people.